~ featuring the art of Cia Williford of Briarwood Studio ~

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Angels, Mom, and Poetry

My mother would have been 76 yesterday. However, she passed away at the age of 74 after suffering from vascular dementia for the last eight years of her life. 

As I walked the dog tonight, enjoying the silence and the night air, I started "talking" to Mom in my head, wishing her a happy birthday, and wondering if she could hear me, if she was responding somehow. One thought led to another and I began thinking about all the different kinds of love there are in the universe, if we're only open to receiving them.

And, my being a poet, that lead to a poem. :)
 

Angels Among Us

If it wasn't you in the fragrant breeze
that left me high, with weakened knees,

if it wasn't you in the summer skies,
blazing through my shielded eyes,

if laughter bubbled deep inside,
if poetry had come alive,

if my heart felt joy...but it wasn't you,
then someone else must love me,

too.


(Miss you, Mom.)

© 2010 Cia Williford   Please do not use without permission.


7 comments:

  1. I'm SURE it was her. But someone else does love you, too. Me :-)

    xxoo
    sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have goosebumps.... beautiful poem Cia, and just as beautiful as your Mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful tribute to your mom, lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was beautiful... Your Mum is with you more often then you think, i believe so, and i think she loves your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much. And sis, I love you, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Cia. I talk to my Dad all the time too and I am convinced he hears me and watches over me I think your Mom does too.♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful post Cia. I love how your Mom inspired you to write a poem! Keep writing. :-)

    Christine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a "little" love before you go...