~ featuring the art of Cia Williford of Briarwood Studio ~

Monday, November 22, 2010

Mad Max: Cat Interlude #4, Thanksgiving

Max: So, what's this turkey thing I keep hearing about?
 

Me: Do you mean Thanksgiving? It's a day we set aside to give thanks for our many blessings.

Max: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Tell me about the turkey, tho.

Me: Well, part of the special meal that day is usually a big roasted turkey.

Max: A big roasted turkey, huh. Just how big is big?

Me: Big.

Max: Wow. * starts drooling*

Max: I get some, right?

Me: No.

Max: No?

Me: No.

Max: But...but...why? I bet you give the dog some.

Me: We're eating at my sister's. None of you will be getting any.

Max: Then take me with you. Please?

Me: No can do.

Max: I'll behave. I promise.

Me: Yeah, like you did that time I left my sandwich on the counter? Or the time you ate so much dog kibble you barfed?

Max: It was stomach flu. Really.

Me: Uh huh.

Max: Seriously. I'll be good as gold. All I want is a little turkey.

Me: Max, you never eat just a little anything. You're a pig.

Max: I resemble that remark.

Me: Yes, you do.

 Max: So, no turkey?

 Me: No turkey.
 
Max: *sigh* You've cut me to the quick. I hope your sweet potatoes shrivel.

Me: Go eat dog kibble, Max.

Max: Bah humbug.

**Max and I, as well as Tom, Kenzie, Chloe, Snuggles, Trouble, and Bridey the Bird, wish all of you a wonderful, safe, and loving Thanksgiving holiday. (And Max says save some turkey for him!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a "little" love before you go...