~ featuring the art of Cia Williford of Briarwood Studio ~

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Brigid, a Work in Progress

Brigid is a Celtic Goddess of light, healing, inspiration and poetry. She has a sacred well (water is a source of healing through her), which is why I've put one in the painting (you can only see a small portion of it here). It is said that wherever she walks, small flowers and shamrocks appear. Isn't that lovely?

Since I'm a writer (trying to learn how to be an artist!), and of Irish heritage, Brigid's always been a source of inspiration to me.

I'm painting Brigid for an online art class I'm taking, Magical Mythical Makings, with artist Tamara LaPorte. What a great teacher!

This is the first time I've worked on a large canvas, 24 x 36, and it's a bit daunting!



3 comments:

  1. It's looking good Cia. I look forward to seeing it once you have finished. Kyles :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cia- she's so lovely!!! I was interested in this course, but decided I had to wait because our furnace has been acting up so I've been saving my pennies in case we need to replace it. I can't wait to see more of your work from this course- please continue to share!!! Have a wonderful week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cia, thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment. Brigid is looking fab too! It's so much easier to catch up in blogland than in the discussion thread eh?

    Glad I found both your blogs, now I can have fun catching up later!

    Ro

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a "little" love before you go...