~ featuring the art of Cia Williford of Briarwood Studio ~

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Discovery

It's funny how things just pop up. It wasn't until I finished painting this piece, "Books are a Girl's Best Friend," that I realized it was a self-portrait of sorts. Funny how that happened. *grin*

And over in my art class at Tam's place, we are in our final week and, after working on canvas, paper, wood, and now back to canvas, I've made a huge discovery...I HATE working on canvas. The texture just feels all wrong to me now.

Guess I'll be sticking to paper and wood.


4 comments:

  1. Very cute Cia. Love her eyes. Well done. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute Cia- I love the colors together. I much prefer paper to canvas too :) I can't wait to see the piece from the last week- are you sad it's over or are you maybe filled up to the brim with inspiration for more art?

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's really cute and studious looking - love the wording cos I love books :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a "little" love before you go...