~ featuring the art of Cia Williford of Briarwood Studio ~

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Fairies and Missing Unicorns

For the final week of our M3 art class, our artistic influence was Brian Froud, an artist I'm truly fascinated by. It was a bit daunting to be trying to emulate his style and reinterpret it in our own way.

My "fabric" wall hanging turned into a wooden one. And my canvas painting turned into a painting on paper.I seem to have trouble following directions. :)


We were also supposed to paint a fairy with a unicorn. My painting turned into a fairy with a rose. See what I mean about following directions? Heh.



5 comments:

  1. Just follow your instincts....it's your art ;-)
    I love both paintings and your fairy looks totally happy without an unicorn LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Margriet. Just go with the flow. They both turned out lovely.
    Keep following your bliss lovely Cia.

    Kyles =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO LOVELY Paintings !!! I'm so into my little one painting that I do these days, so couldn't participate in M3's last week... maybe one day =)
    These paintings are SO BEAUTIFUL !!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! I really love them both- I can't even choose which I like more! Art always turns out better if you do what you love- sometimes ya just gotta break the rules :) I hope you keep painting Cia- I love seeing your work ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cia, We are both rebels! LOL! Gorgeous paintings! Your fairy can go searching for her unicorn another day...follow your creative heart.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a "little" love before you go...