~ featuring the art of Cia Williford of Briarwood Studio ~

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Listen: An Angel

Dealing with Dad and the complications that arise from his Alzheimer's, I haven't had a lot of time for painting lately. Which is a shame, as I find it very therapeutic. But, we do what we can, when we can, right? :)

One of my favorite online art teachers, Tamara Laporte, offers a class called "Collage, Paint and Soul" in which she demonstrates a technique she calls "paint-over collage." Really quite fun. I had time over the holiday weekend to experiment and here's what I ended up with. I *really* love this little gal. The painting is called "Listen."



4 comments:

  1. Cia, it must be really hard to deal with Dad's alzheimer.. I can only imagine.. but the painting is extremely beautiful.. I wish you many blessings and angels to come your way. Would you contribute this to Beauty of Sorrow? I think it will help many.. only if you allow =) It's ok not too =)
    http://beautyofsorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Cia! I am going to take her (Tam's)little course I think. I'm helping care for my Father (and supporting my Mom) thru his pancreatic cancer. It is so hard to find enough time for our art but I try as it is important to care for ourselves too.
    Hugs, Jessi xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. its beautiful hun and the name is perfect 'listen' time for quiet contemplation x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a "little" love before you go...