~ featuring the art of Cia Williford of Briarwood Studio ~

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hope: She Has a Name

My lovely friend, Kim, remarked the other day that my painting of the "no name" woman made her think of waiting. That struck a chord with me. Also, someone else mentioned to me that the subject looks like she's bathed in candlelight. Those two things made me think of the saying, "Hope lights a candle in the darkness." And the girl in the painting said, yes. That's me.

So, meet Hope. The title of the painting: Hope Lights a Candle. Here she is with her final detail work.

(Thanks, Kim!)




3 comments:

  1. Cia- how perfect! I am so happy I helped you to find out her name- and it fits her so well. I wish I could come to An Artful Affair and see all your work in person- I bet it's even more stunning in real life ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you could, too! We'd have so much fun. Maybe next year? :) If you can make your way here, you'll have a place to stay!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cia, She is perfect - just beautiful. I love her name! I am looking for the lighted candle, it's been a little dim around here lately, lol. So I will think of her and remember there is hope and a light at the end of the tunnel!
    Hugs, Jessi xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a "little" love before you go...