~ featuring the art of Cia Williford of Briarwood Studio ~

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Love my Derwent Inktense Pencils!

So, I got a set of 36 Derwent Inktense colored pencils for my birthday last month and I finally found a few minutes to play around with them today. I really love how they feel going on the paper, and they blend nicely. And the colors? Wow, they pop. And I haven't even tried adding water to them yet. (They are supposed to get *really* intense when you use them with water.)

I had fun. :)



3 comments:

  1. I had fun playing with mine last night. They do get really intense when you add water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are the coolest with water because after they dry- then they are permanent. Other watercolor pencils after they dry, if they get wet again they kind of dilute out more- if that makes sense? This drawing is lovely Cia- I can't wait to see what you create when you get the water going. Do you have a waterbrush? They are fun to use with watercolor pencils--here's a link to what I mean: http://www.dickblick.com/products/aqua-flow-brush-set/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love her! I just bought a few of my favorite colors on open stock. Since I haven't even used them yet, I wish now I had waited until I had the cash to get the cool tin they come in and the extra colors - oh well, lol.
    Jessi xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a "little" love before you go...