~ featuring the art of Cia Williford of Briarwood Studio ~

Monday, March 11, 2013

Have a Heart

It's been a while since I've been able to do any serious art since I've been recuperating from a bad back. I still can't sit for long periods of time, but it's getting better. When I finally was able to get back into the studio,  I found myself in the mood to play with color and texture. So, I did. :)

This is basically a 3-D mixed media collage on canvas. I'm loving the texture, but am undecided about the overall composition. These photos don't do the piece justice as the colors are really very vibrant in person.

What do you think?






5 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful piece. I love the texture and the colors. Hope your back gets better quick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is gorgeous- I love the colors you have chosen. Maybe you should just set it somewhere where you can see it often for awhile and if you still think something needs to be added or changed it will pop into your head? I do that sometimes and sometimes it does help or sometimes I find out that it is perfect the way it is :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim. It seems to be growing on me, lol. xo

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a "little" love before you go...